Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a transformative procedure that rejuvenates tired-looking eyes by removing excess skin, fat, and muscle. At Maan Plastic Surgery, led by the highly skilled Dr. Z in Los Gatos, the goal is to help you achieve a natural, refreshed appearance that restores confidence and youthful vitality.
What Is A Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that enhances the appearance of the eyes by removing excess skin, fat, and muscle from the upper and/or lower eyelids. The purpose of blepharoplasty in Los Gatos is to address various concerns, such as droopy eyelids, under-eye bags, and excess skin that may obscure the natural contours of the eyes. Eyelid surgery can also improve vision by removing sagging skin obstructing the visual field.
Candidates for Blepharoplasty:
- Individuals with droopy, sagging upper eyelids that impair vision
- Those with puffiness or bags under the eyes that do not improve with lifestyle changes
- Adults with excess skin and wrinkles around the eyes that they wish to address
- People with asymmetry between the two eyelids
- Non-smokers in good health with no medical conditions that could impair healing
- Those with realistic expectations about the outcome of the procedure
Types of Eyelid Surgery
Upper Eyelid Surgery
Upper eyelid surgery , also know as upper blepharoplasty in Los Gatos, is a procedure that involves the removal of excess skin, muscle, and fat from the upper eyelids. This is typically done to address sagging or droopy eyelids that can make a person look tired or sad. By removing the excess tissue, the upper eyelids can be lifted and tightened, resulting in a more youthful appearance.
Lower Eyelid Surgery
Lower eyelid surgery is a procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the lower eyelids. This surgery is designed to reduce the appearance of bags under the eyes and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. In some cases, lower eyelid surgery may also involve tightening the muscles and ligaments that support the eyelids.
- Droopy, sagging upper eyelids
- Puffy bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Excess skin and fat on the upper and lower eyelids
- Impaired vision due to sagging skin around the eyes
- Tired, aged, or sad appearance caused by sagging eyelids
- Asymmetry between the two eyelids
For additional information on how blepharoplasty in Los Gatos can benefit you, reach out to us today.
- Apply cold compresses to your eyes as directed by Dr. Z
- Take all prescribed medications as directed, including pain relievers and antibiotics
- Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke, as it can impede the healing process
- Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and exercise for the first week of recovery
- Keep your head elevated while sleeping to reduce swelling
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, as it can disrupt the healing process
- Follow Dr. Z’s instructions for cleaning and caring for your incisions
- Attend all follow-up appointments with Dr. Z to monitor your healing progress
- Protect your eyes from the sun and wind
- Wear sunglasses to reduce sensitivity to light
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink plenty of water
Should you have any additional questions about the recovery process for your blepharoplasty in Los Gatos, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Why Choose Dr. Z For Your Blepharoplasty In Los Gatos?
Dr. Z is a highly trained and experienced plastic surgeon specializing in eyelid surgery. With a background in plastic and reconstructive surgery from Stanford, Dr. Z has a deep understanding of how the body ages and how to enhance its regenerative potential. Dr. Z is dedicated to helping his patients achieve their aesthetic goals by listening carefully to their concerns. We encourage you to consult Dr. Z to learn more about blepharoplasty in Los Gatos.