Step into Maan Plastic Surgery, where Dr. Z and his team specialize in providing facelifts in Los Gatos and are dedicated to helping you attain a rejuvenated and youthful appearance. With expertise in plastic surgery and regenerative medicine, Dr. Z combines his knowledge to deliver exceptional, cutting-edge results. Trust Maan Plastic Surgery to help you look and feel your best.
What Is a Primary Facelift?
A primary facelift is a surgical procedure designed to address signs of aging in the face and neck. As we age, the skin and the underlying SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system) layer lose elasticity and firmness, while fat pads undergo atrophy, leading to wrinkles, sagging, and jowls. Primary facelifts can restore a youthful appearance by tightening and lifting the SMAS and skin. Dr. Z’s primary facelift technique is customized to each patient’s unique anatomy and desired outcome, ensuring natural-looking results.
Goals of Primary Facelift:
- Tighten and lift sagging skin and soft tissue on the face and neck
- Smooth wrinkles and fine lines in the lower face and neck
- Improve the appearance of jowls and the jawline
- Restore a more youthful and refreshed appearance
- Enhance self-confidence and self-esteem
- Provide natural-looking and long-lasting results
Candidates for Primary Facelift:
- Individuals who have sagging skin and wrinkles in the lower face and neck
- Those who have lost elasticity in their skin due to aging, genetics, or weight loss
- Patients with jowls or a double chin
- Individuals who are in good health and have realistic expectations for the outcome
- Non-smokers or those who are willing to quit smoking before and after the surgery
- Patients committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and skincare routine
- Individuals deemed suitable for the procedure by a trained plastic surgeon
To determine your eligibility for a facelift in Los Gatos with Dr. Z, contact our office and schedule a consultation.
- Take prescribed medications as directed for pain and to prevent infection
- Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke for at least two weeks after surgery
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting for at least two weeks
- Lie flat on your back at night and avoid bending over to reduce swelling
- Use cold compresses on the face and neck to reduce swelling and bruising for the first 24 hours
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat a healthy, balanced diet to aid in healing
- Avoid sun exposure and use a high-SPF sunscreen on the face and neck
- Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments with Dr. Z to monitor progress
- Be patient and give yourself time to fully recover before resuming normal activities
For further information on post-care or any questions you may have about your facelift in Los Gatos, please get in touch with us without hesitation. We are here to assist you.
Our Facelift Results:
Primary Facelift FAQs
Why is it called a "primary" facelift?
A “primary” facelift is the term used to describe the initial, foundational facelift. It addresses common signs of aging, such as sagging skin and wrinkles, by trimming and lifting excess skin, tightening underlying muscles, and restoring volume with fat grafting. Subsequent facelifts, if desired, are often referred to as “secondary” or “revision” facelifts.
Are there non-surgical alternatives to a facelift?
Yes, non-surgical options like dermal fillers, Botox, and thread lifts can provide temporary facial rejuvenation. Botox and other neurotoxins can treat unwanted dynamic wrinkles like frown lines and crow’s feet for 3 to 6 months, dermal fillers can restore facial volume and reduce wrinkles, and thread lifts can temporarily lift facial skin. Non-surgical treatments may be suitable for mild to moderate signs of aging, but they can’t offer a dramatic, long-lasting transformation.
How much does a full facelift cost?
The cost of a complete facelift in Los Gatos can vary widely based on factors like the extent of the procedure required, whether you also need a neck lift, the specific techniques used, and more. Please consult with a Stanford-trained plastic surgeon like Dr. Z for a personalized cost estimate.
How long do facelifts last?
The longevity of a facelift varies among individuals due to factors like genetics, lifestyle, and skincare. While a facelift dramatically reverses the signs of aging, it doesn’t stop the aging process altogether. But, Dr. Z works with his clients to slow it down! On average, the results last 7-10 years, or even more, following which you may need another facelift to maintain youthful skin.
What is a good age to get a facelift?
There is no specific age for a facelift, as it depends on an individual’s unique aging process. People typically consider facelifts in their 40s to 60s when visible signs of aging become more pronounced and bothersome.
What are the potential risks associated with facelift surgery?
Like any surgical procedure, a facelift in Los Gatos carries risks like infection, scarring, hematoma, nerve damage, and dissatisfaction with results. Dr. Z will take all necessary precautions to minimize these risks and offer detailed aftercare guidelines to ensure optimal results and a smooth recovery.
Why Choose Dr. Z For Your Facelift In Los Gatos?
Dr. Z, a leading expert in plastic surgery and regenerative medicine, is ready to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. With his rigorous training at Stanford and specialized knowledge in stem cell biology, he offers a unique perspective on the aging process and how to enhance your regenerative potential. Contact Maan Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Z and take the first step towards a more youthful, refreshed appearance.